Setup VPN Accounts
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Windows 8
- Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center" from the network icon from the taskbar or click on “Network and Sharing center” from Control Panel;
- Click on “Set up a new connection or network”;
- Select “Connect to a workplace and click “Next”;
- Choose “Use my Internet Connection (VPN)”;
- In the “Internet Address” field use xx.afreevpn.com ( replace xx with country id ) as hostname. In the “Destination name” field type “AFREEVPN.COM (PPTP)”;
- Click “Create”; Click on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner;
- Right–click on the “AFREEVPN.COM (PPTP)” connection, and choose “Properties”;
- Select “Security” tab For “Type of VPN” select “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”;
- Click “OK”; Click again on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner, and click “Connect” to “AFREEVPN.COM (PPTP)”;
- In the next fields type "afreevpn.com" as VPN username and VPN password found from website and click “OK”;
- When next to “AFREEVPN.COM (PPTP)” is written “Connected” your connection has been created.
Configure PPTP VPN in Windows 7
- From Windows 7 Desktop, click Start - Control Panel to open the control panel;
- Click Network and Internet;
- Click Network and Sharing Center;
- Click Set up a new connection or network, then Connect to a workplace;
- Select option No, create a new cnonection, then Use my Internet connection (VPN);
- In the Connect to a workplace window, fill VPN Server hostname as shown in VPN web page at format of xx.afreevpn.com ( replace xx with the VPN country ID );
- In Next window, use afreevpn.com as User name field, and use free in the Password field;
- Click "Connect" button to start the free VPN connection in your Windows 7 Desktop.
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Windows XP
- From Windows XP desktop, click Start - Control Panel to open the control panel;
- Click Network Connections icon, open the Network Connections window;
- Click Next button to get the first "New Connection Wizard" Welcome window;
- Select "Connect to the network at my workspace" in "Network Connection Type" window, click Next;
- Select "Virtual Private Network connection" in "Network Connection" window, click Next;
- Enter AFreeVPN.COM as the VPN connection name, click Next;
- Enter VPN Server hostname as shown in VPN web page at format of xx.afreevpn.com ( replace xx with the VPN country ID ), click Next;
- Click "Finish" button.
- Now the VPN login window shows up,use afreevpn.com as the User name, use free as Password, click "Connect" button to start your free Win XP VPN connection!
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Mac OS X
- From Mac OS X 10.x (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion), click Top Left Apple Icon, then click "System Preferences..." menu item, in opened Window, click "Network" icon;
In opened Network window, Click on the '+' button at bottom left corner, in the next opened window, input the following, then click "Create" button:
VPN Type: PPTP
Service Name: AFreeVPN.COM
- In the next window, enter the VPN Server information as shown in our VPN web page at format of xx.afreevpn.com ( replace xx with the VPN country ID ), use Automatic (128 bit or 40 bit ) for Encryption, then click Apply button;
- Click the Advanced... button and under the Options tab make sure to check Send all traffic over VPN Connection option, click OK button, click Apply button again.
- Now click Connect button in the middle of the window, from the Internet Connect window, please use afreevpn.com in the name field, and use free in the password field, click "OK" button to start your free VPN connection in your Mac OS X desktop!
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Linux Ubuntu
- Open Network Manager – From the desktop click on the Network Manager icon in the top right hand corner, click on VPN Connections and Configure VPN. If you can’t see the Network Manager icon, you can open network manager by clicking on System -> Preferences -> Network Configuration and then click on the VPN tab.
- Add VPN connection – When the VPN Connection window is displayed, click on Add to create the new connection.
- Choose the connection type – Ensure the connection type is PPTP and click Create.
- Enter VPN Account Details – For gateway enter “xx.afreevpn.com” as the VPN server name (xx is country ID). In the Connection name field, enter “XX.AFREEVPN.COM” as the new connection name (XX is country ID). Enter VPN username and VPN password too.
- Advanced Settings – Select both MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2 options. Check the box labeled Use Point to Point encryption (MPPE) and then click OK. Click OK again to save the VPN connection.
- Connect to the VPN – Now start the VPN connection by clicking on the Network Manager Icon again, select VPN Connections and click on the new connection you have created.
- You’re connected! – The Network Manager icon should now have a little padlock icon on it to indicate that the VPN is now connected.
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Apple iOS Devices
- From iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, go to the ‘Settings >> General >> Network >> VPN’.
- Click ‘Add VPN Configuration’;
- Select ‘PPTP’, adding fields as:
- Description: XX.AFREEVPN.COM (XX is country ID)
- Server: xx.afreevpn.com ( xx is country ID)
- Account: enter VPN username
- RSA SecurID: OFF
- Password: enter VPN password
- Encryption level: Auto
- Send All traffic: ON
- Click ‘save’, You can now connect to the Free PPTP VPN.
Configure Free PPTP VPN in Google Android Devices
- Go to “Settings” in Android smartphones or tablets, select “Wireless Controls";
- Select “VPN settings”;
- Select “Add VPN”;
- Select “Add PPTP VPN”;
- Set “VPN name” as “XX.AFREEVPN.COM”; (XX is country ID)
- Set “VPN server” as “xx.afreevpn.com”; (xx is country ID)
- Click “Connect” now;
- Once there is a small key-like icon on the left side of your notification bar, your android device is connected to the VPN.